03 February 2012

Big Thanks

This is a thank you post from Sarah . . .

Thank you for your phone calls . . . from near and far. Thanks for leaving me phone messages. Hearing your voice helps me really feel your love for us. I appreciate all the help with my kids. You've helped them before school and picked them up after school. When things have gone longer at the hospital, you've kept them hours longer than you expected . . . and were sweet about it.

Last night, the kids were so happy to see the hearts on our door, they had to stay up and make their own.

We've eaten your delicious cookies. We have some wonderful zucchini(?) bread with us at the hospital right now. The generous supply of sandwiches brought for dinner on Wednesday are still feeding us at the hospital.

Thanks to you, "Liz" is looking forward to her birthday rather than worrying about Eddie in the hospital.

All the cards.

We're in awe that the chaos in our life can be smoothed out so much by you . . . coordinating all of this help is a full-time job and we know none of you have that time to spare. We know you are sacrificing so much time on our behalf.

Eddie loves the pictures and notes that you left on our door. We have many of them with us at the hospital today.

Taking the initiative to come so far to visit us at the hospital so early in this journey . . . and bringing your calm presence.

You made brownies with my kids!

My stove top is still shining.

Sparkly pens.

Because you've offered to teach my lesson at church on Sunday, I can focus my thoughts on Eddie and his recovery.

We now have an accordion file to keep our huge volume of paperwork in order. Such an inspired gift . . . we can't thank you enough.

Your supportive emails have reminded me how much you care and offered help.

I look forward to sharing the bag of Valentine treats with the kids . . . thanks for thinking ahead for us!

Coloring books!

You've even offered to take the Christmas lights off our house (since we're so far behind!!!)

"Sean" Valjean (teddy bear) will soon have a sleeping bag for the hospital :-) Chances are, some of you were responsible for those bears being donated to Duvall Fire . . . never knowing that they would bless the life of our son in such an important way.

You tell us of temple visits and fasting on Eddie's behalf. We feel and appreciate your sacrifices.

Rides, playdates, and nurturing my children.

And the hugs . . .

Everything you've done helps so much . . . moment to moment . . . along this journey. We feel your prayers lifting us. And every kind thought reaches our heart.

Thank you. We love you.

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that you are being taken care of so well. We hope that all went well with Eddie's surgery today. I'm sure it has been another long and tiring day. All our prayers and thoughts are with you tonight. Much love from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah and John,
    You don't know me other than a face at the park and storytime at the library but I just wanted you both to know that I am keeping Eddie, you both and your kiddos in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what you must be going through but I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle and He is with you every step of the way. I know He has little sweet Eddie in His arms and will never leave him (or you!). It is so wonderful to read how loved your whole family is and how well you are being taken care of. Sending lots of love and prayers to you!
    Love,
    Meg Ringer (and family: Chris, Rylie and Olivia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are pulling for you guys! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Sarah! You are such a wonderful mom and person. Please know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete